Terms and conditions
Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseeker Terms and Conditions
Recruiter Terms and Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by DVV Media International Ltd.
and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to DVV Media International Ltd. or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Back to Top
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce work-seekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
1. If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
2. If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker. For more details of how to undertake a criminal records bureau check, please click here.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
Back to Top
To view our Cookies Use Policy statement please click here.
Back to Top
Jobseeker Terms and Conditions
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on this job site are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Job site services
Services and information provided on the site by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
Credit card payments
The core services on this job site are free to use. However, some non-core services require payment to access. The payments are made by credit card using World Pay's secure transaction environment. Please visit Worldpay's website for more information.
Our system will only charge your credit card when the product or service you have requested has been fulfilled. If you have difficulties with the above system, please contact our sales team on T: 020 8652 3737.
Back to Top
Terms and Conditions of Business for Recruiters
1. All Advertisements accepted for publication by DVV Media International Ltd. in any of its print or online publications are accepted subject to these terms and conditions. Any other conditions proposed by the Buyer shall be void unless accepted by DVV Media International Ltd. in writing.
2. In these conditions:
"Advertiser" means the person whose goods or services are advertised;
"Advertisement" means display, recruitment, online, email, mail order and classified advertising and shall include inserts, supplements and re-directed advertisements;
"Buyer" means the person placing the order for the insertion of the Advertisement;
"Medium" means the print or online publication taking the booking.
" DVV Media International Ltd Site" means the DVV Media International Ltd website(s) onto which an Advertisement is sold
3. All Advertisements are accepted subject to space being available in the Medium.
4. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any order without liability in the event of becoming aware of any meetings of creditors, bankruptcy, liquidation proceedings, the appointment of a receiver or administrative receiver over the whole or substantial part of the Buyer's assets, or any indication whatsoever of financial difficulties.
5. These conditions and all other express terms of the contract between DVV Media International Ltd. and the Buyer shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Buyer agrees at all times in its conduct of business with or on behalf of DVV Media International Ltd. to strictly comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, codes, regulations, standards and judicial and administrative orders (jointly “Applicable Laws”) relevant to its duties, obligations and performance including, without limitation, Applicable Laws related to bribery such as the United States Foreign Corrupt Practice Act and the UK Bribery Act and those enforced in the country where the Buyer is resident or conducts its business.
Buyer and its officers, directors, employees and agents shall engage only in legitimate business and ethical practices in commercial operations and in relation to its dealings with any employee or official of a government agency or any other government owned, operated or controlled entity (including, without limitation, state run universities, hospitals and libraries), or political parties or candidates (jointly “Government Official”). Neither Buyer nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents shall pay, offer, give, promise or authorize the payment, directly or indirectly, of any monies or anything of value to any commercial contact or Government Official for the purpose or intent to induce such person to use his/her authority to help the Buyer, DVV Media International Ltd., and/or any affiliate of DVV Media International Ltd. for personal gain or for that of the DVV Media International Ltd. or its affiliates (any such act, a “Prohibited Payment”). A Prohibited Payment does not include a payment of reasonable and bona fide expenditures, such as travel or lodging expenses, which are directly related to the promotion, demonstration or explanation of products or services or the execution or performance of a contract, provided that such payments are permissible under Applicable Laws. Buyer further agrees not to accept any payment or other benefit in money or in kind from any person as an inducement or reward for any act or forbearance or in connection with any matter or business transacted by or on behalf of DVV Media International Ltd.
Buyer to contract as Principal
6. The Buyer warrants that the Buyer contracts with DVV Media International Ltd. as principal notwithstanding that the Buyer may be acting directly or indirectly for the Advertiser as an advertising agent or media buyer or in some other representative capacity. Where the Buyer is the Advertiser's advertising agency, the Buyer warrants that it is authorised by the Advertiser to place the Advertisement with DVV Media International Ltd.
Delivery and Ownership of materials
7. Materials delivered must conform to DVV Media International Ltd. specifications. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to charge the Buyer for work it required to amend materials to conform to its specifications but accepts no liability for such work.
8. Any intellectual property rights in designs prepared by DVV Media International Ltd. shall remain the property of DVV Media International Ltd. and Advertisements including such designs may not be reproduced without DVV Media International Ltd. consent.
9. If an Advertisement includes a promotion, competition or a special offer of merchandise the Advertiser must provide full details to DVV Media International Ltd. on request.
Prices and Payment terms
10. Prices published by DVV Media International Ltd. from time to time are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on the condition that the price binds DVV Media International Ltd. only in respect of the period specified in the applicable rate card.
11. Series discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and completed within the agreed period. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to adjust advance discounts and/or to surcharge in the event of a series of Advertisements not being completed within that period. If the Buyer cancels the balance of a contract to publish a series of Advertisements, except in the circumstances set out in paragraph 23, it relinquishes any series discount and all Advertisements will be paid for at the appropriate rate.
12. Prices are exclusive of applicable Value Added Tax which the Buyer shall additionally be liable to pay to DVV Media International Ltd.
13. Credit accounts must be settled in accordance with the terms shown on the invoice, which are strictly net. In default, all outstanding transactions will become liable for immediate settlement. Interest will be charged monthly on overdue accounts at the rate of 2% above the HSBC Bank plc Minimum Lending Rate. In the event that legal action is required in order to obtain settlement of an outstanding debt from an Advertiser, DVV Media International Ltd. reserve the right to recover all related costs in addition to the interest payable.
Limitations on DVV Media International Ltd. Liability
14. Except to the extent specified in paragraph 15, DVV Media International Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Buyer as a result of any total or partial failure (howsoever caused) of publication, distribution or availability of any Medium in which any Advertisement is scheduled to be included or for any error, misprint or omission in the printing of any Advertisement. In the event of an error or omission by DVV Media International Ltd., which detracts materially from the Advertisement, DVV Media International Ltd. will either reinsert the Advertisement or relevant part of the Advertisement in a subsequent issue or make a reasonable refund of or adjustment to the price paid by the Buyer. No reinsertion, refund or adjustment will be made for any other error or omission or where the error or omission is the result of delivery of materials which do not comply with DVV Media International Ltd.specifications.
15. The total liability of DVV Media International Ltd. to the Buyer for any act or omission of DVV Media International Ltd., its servants or agents relating to any Advertisement shall not exceed the amount of a full refund of any price paid to DVV Media International Ltd. for the Advertisement or the cost of a reasonably comparable further or corrective Advertisement. Without limiting the foregoing, DVV Media International Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss of profits or business or for indirect or consequential loss. DVV Media International Ltd. accepts no liability for the repetition of an error in an Advertisement ordered for more than one insertion unless notified immediately the error occurs. Complaints regarding reproduction of printed Advertisements must be received in writing within one calendar month of the cover date.
16. DVV Media International Ltd. accepts no responsibility for the quality of reproduction of any photograph supplied by the Buyer, its agents or servants.
Cancellation or suspension
17. Cancellation or suspension of an Advertisement by the Buyer must be received in writing by DVV Media International Ltd. within the period specified below by the appropriate Medium.
- Print – Display Advertising – at least 10 working days before the publication date.
- Print – Classified and Recruitment Advertising – at least 5 working days prior to the publication date.
- Online – All Advertising – at least 5 working days prior to the planned insertion date.
18. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to omit or suspend an Advertisement at any time for good reason, without liability to the Buyer and shall notify the Buyer as soon as possible. If such omission or suspension is due to the act or default of the Buyer, the Advertiser or their respective servants or agents, then the Buyer shall pay for the Advertisement in full notwithstanding that the Advertisement has not been published.
Buyer's Warranties and Indemnities
19. The Buyer warrants that the Advertisement does not contravene the British Code of Advertising Practice and is not in breach of any relevant legislation, including the Equality Act 2010, the Obscene Publications Act and any other legislation or regulation, such as those relating to the provision of Financial Services, which apply to specific Advertisers, products or services.
20. If any Advertisement submitted for publication contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or copy by which any living person is or can be readily identified, the Buyer warrants that the Buyer or the Advertiser has obtained the authority of such living person to make use of such name, representation and/or copy.
21. The Buyer will indemnify and hold harmless DVV Media International Ltd. from and against any claim that the Advertisement infringes the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person or that it is defamatory or infringes any other right of any person. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to withdraw and/or refuse to publish an Advertisement without liability to the Buyer if it reasonably believes that the Advertisement may make DVV Media International Ltd. or the Advertiser liable to any complaint, claim or proceedings.
22. The Buyer is solely responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods, services or promotion to which the Advertisement relates and will indemnify and hold DVV Media International Ltd. harmless accordingly.
23. Copy must be supplied by the Buyer without application from DVV Media International Ltd. If copy instructions are not received by the agreed date, no guarantee can be given that any agreed proofs will be supplied or corrections made and DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate recent copy or omit the Advertisement. Where a layout or proof is submitted to the Buyer, it must be returned on the date specified and DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to publish the Advertisement in the same form as any layout or proof submitted if the layout or proof is not returned on the date specified. In any of these cases, the total price of the order will remain unaltered.
24. If, at its discretion, DVV Media International Ltd. considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the date or position of the Advertisement or make any other alteration to an Advertisement accepted for insertion, the Buyer will have the right to cancel the publication of the Advertisement if the alterations requested are unacceptable.
25. Where an Advertisement has been accepted by DVV Media International Ltd. and includes inserts DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to charge the full price if the inserts fail to arrive at the agreed time and place for insertion.
26. Charges will be made to the Buyer where printers are involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Buyer or the Advertiser.
27. DVV Media International Ltd. cannot guarantee the position of any printed Advertisement. Advertisements will be placed as near as possible to the selected position as the page make-up permits. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to modify the wording of any classification or trade heading in the Medium or the Advertisement.
28. Requests for cancellation or reduction of an order may be considered but only if received in writing by DVV Media International Ltd. within 28 (twenty eight) days from signing the order providing that such notification is made at least 28 (twenty eight) days prior to the final copy date.
29. Changes in printed copy must be confirmed in writing by the Buyer in time for the changes to be made to the Advertisement by DVV Media International Ltd. DVV Media International Ltd. reserves the right to charge for any additional expenses involved in such changes.
30. The Buyer must deliver complete creative content to DVV Media International Ltd. at least 2 working days before 9am on the go-live date in a format which complies with DVV Media International Ltd. online ad formats for such content. To cancel or alter an order the Buyer must inform DVV Media International Ltd. by e-mail or fax to the number or address on the order, at least 5 working days before 9am on the go-live date. Otherwise, DVV Media International Ltd. may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but the Buyer must pay the full amount irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
31. If the Buyer is supplying creative content or change of creative to be used in rotations, in the form of a redirected advertisement, the Buyer must inform DVV Media International Ltd. in advance.
32. If an Advertisement links to another site, the Buyer is responsible for maintaining the link and for the content of the linked site. DVV Media International Ltd. may remove any Advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in DVV Media International Ltd. opinion, is defamatory or objectionable or will bring DVV Media International Ltd. into disrepute. The Buyer will indemnify DVV Media International Ltd. from and against any claims or liability arising from links contained in an Advertisement.
33. Advertisements may contain only such information and code as is necessary to run the Advertisement effectively on the relevant DVV Media International Ltd. site. Advertisements may not contain tags, cookies, beacons or similar technology which identifies users of any D DVV Media International Ltd. site or enables the Buyer or any third party to serve such users with any advertising other than the Advertisement.
34. If an Advertisement is supplied which does not comply with these terms and conditions or DVV Media International Ltd. receives complaints regarding an Advertisement, DVV Media International Ltd. may, at its discretion, remove the Advertisement from display without reference or liability to the Buyer.
35. Where an Advertisement is sold on a cpm basis, DVV Media International Ltd. will provide the Buyer with delivery statistics and campaign reports on a regular basis throughout the campaign period. The statistics and other reports provided by DVV Media International Ltd. shall, in the absence of manifest error, be binding on the Buyer and are in lieu of any other right of audit.
36. The Buyer's sole remedy if DVV Media International Ltd.., or its third party subcontractors who may host and serve Advertisements from time to time, make an error in displaying any Advertisement is the cost of re-running the relevant Advertisement. Neither DVV Media International Ltd. nor its subcontractors shall be liable for failure to display the Advertisement caused by circumstances outside their control.
37. Any Buyer or Advertisers who is either an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) must ensure that Advertisements comply with their obligations under the Act and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004.
38. Buyers and Advertisers agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to a recruitment related Advertisement and to indemnify DVV Media International Ltd. from and against any claim brought by an individual against DVV Media International Ltd. arising from a breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
39. DVV Media International Ltd. does not guarantee any response to recruitment related Advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is the Advertisers responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring this job site into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against this job site arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post jobs to this job site.
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from this job site any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring this job site into disrepute.
You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Third party sites
Vacancies you post on this job site may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between this job site and the proprietors of such web sites.
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to DVV Media International Ltd. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the candidate database is determined by the product you have purchased from us. On receipt of this material you may:
i. Use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you or (if you are an employment agency or employment business) your client wish to fill.
ii. Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through this job site depending on the product you have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy.
iii. Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
You may NOT:
i. Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
ii. Download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process.
iii. Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
You agree to delete all material from the candidate database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring this job site into disrepute. You will indemnify this job site from and against any claim brought by an individual against this job site arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.
Back to Top
Customer Supplied Content
1. These terms and conditions apply to all advertising campaigns ('Campaigns') and other material accepted by DVV Media International Ltd. for display on any of our web sites. By placing any such material you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the third party advertiser.
2. We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
3. To cancel or alter an order for a Campaign you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
4. You are responsible for the content of material supplied by you and for ensuring that you have the right to supply it to us and that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about any material or its content we may, at our discretion, remove the material from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the material infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive.
5. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on this job site comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
6. You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods or services to which a Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless according
7. Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve Campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any Campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant Campaign. Neither we nor our subcontractors shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the Campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.